We are proud to announce that Jared W. Julian has been designated a board certified family law attorney by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization (TBLS). It is a major accomplishment to become a board certified attorney in Texas. Unlike other practicing attorneys in Texas, board certified attorneys can represent themselves as specialists in their practice areas.
There are more than 100,000 attorneys who can practice law in Texas, but only a small percentage have received this designation. Attorneys must meet stringent and ongoing requirements before and after they become certified.
- Applicants must have been in practice for a minimum of five years. In addition, an applicant must demonstrate three years of substantial involvement in an area of law.
- TBLS requires applicants to complete approved continuing legal education (CLE) courses.
- Applicants must be vetted by qualified peers. TBLS applicants must furnish references from five qualified sources.
- Applicants must demonstrate a mastery over their practice areas. TBLS requires applicants to pass a comprehensive specialty area examination.
- TBLS requires applicants to furnish extensive documentation that is relevant to their experience.
- Attorneys who are board certified must continue to be involved in their specialty areas. Their involvement must be periodically substantiated by peers in their fields. In addition, attorneys must continue to meet the CLE requirements stipulated by TBLS.
Jared Julian has demonstrated that he is committed to excellence as a family law attorney by receiving this designation. Mr. Julian can help Texas residents with various family law matters, including child support payments, paternity suits, child custody modifications, alternative dispute resolution and child protective services (CPS) actions. He is also a certified mediator.
The Julian Firm, P.C. is a law firm in Lewisville, Texas that focuses on family law. If you have questions about how our attorneys could help your situation, then please call us at (972) 459-4400 or fill out our online case review form.